ARTEMARE EXCLUSIVE : Q+A with Xander Ferreira of Gazelle
We caught up with one of our favorite bands, Gazelle as they were en-route to play the Coucher du Soleil party at Sunset Beach on Shelter Island tomorrow, August 3rd. Frontman and Cape Town native Xander Ferreira tells us his 5 favorite things about summer and summer in New York City:
1. Riding my bicycle and having the chance to see much more than you would see taking any other form of transport.
2. The fact that girls always look so much prettier walking around in summer clothes, or rather less clothes!
3. Barbecues or ‘Braai’ as we say in Afrikaans. They’re a national sport in my country [South Africa] and we pride ourselves on being the best in the world.
4. Road trips and nature hikes out of the city. New York is completely the opposite of what I thought it would be. There is so much incredible nature to explore just a hop, skip and a jump outside of the city.
5. The fact that everyone seems to be nicer in the summer.